Buying a new home is easy to get started online. However, the process can be more complicated than most people realize. If you are looking to buy a home in any market, consider hiring a professional. For the most part buyer’s agents/brokers are paid a commission from the listing office. So in essence, you can benefit from the knowledge and expertise of a good buyer’s agent for FREE.
Buying a Home
Most people begin their home buying search online. This is a great way to start understanding what type of home you like, what homes are available in your price range and what features/updates are available at that price.
However, there are many things to consider once you actually get out and view homes on the market. Buying a home is more than just picking the right home, it’s also paperwork, approvals, inspections, appraisals and much much more.
Here are a few articles I have written to help you understand the buying process more in depth.
- Pre-Qualification vs. Pre-Approval ExplainedOne of the very first steps you should take as a home buyer is to speak with a lender to determine your buying power (what you can afford). Most people actually start searching online, sometimes months before they are ready to start the process. There’s nothing wrong with that. But, when it is time to… Read more: Pre-Qualification vs. Pre-Approval Explained
- Learn How a Buyer’s Agent Can Help YouBuyers looking to purchase a home often start the process themselves. Then when they see a house they like online or while out on a drive, they call the listing agent for information. While there is nothing wrong with that, keep in mind that the listing agent is capturing your name, phone and/or email in… Read more: Learn How a Buyer’s Agent Can Help You
- What to Consider When Writing an OfferThere is a lot that goes into writing an offer when purchasing a home. Most people are just focused on the price and getting the best deal possible, however, there are many things to consider. Some of these effect the bottom-line number and others address other terms that are just as important. What’s Included and… Read more: What to Consider When Writing an Offer
- How to Setup a Home SearchIf you are ready to begin your home search journey, then you’ve come to the right place! Let’s go through how to prepare and setup your home search to most effectively find that perfect home for you. The first thing you need to do is come up with a list of all of your “needs”… Read more: How to Setup a Home Search
- What to Expect During a Home ShowingBefore scheduling a home showing, most people begin their search online. When it comes time to actually view the property, there are a few things to consider when scheduling a home showing. First of all, unless you are an investor or make a living in real estate, I highly recommend getting a buyer’s agent. See… Read more: What to Expect During a Home Showing
- Closing Costs ExplainedThere are a lot of things that go into purchasing your new home. As a result, your expenses can add up very quickly (especially, closing costs). However, the worst feeling in the world can be when you get your closing package. You will almost always find that there are many fees and debits you likely… Read more: Closing Costs Explained
See What’s on the Market[showcaseidx shortcode encountered an error]
The best way to find the best properties that meet your criteria, it is recommended to contact a professional. We typically have better search tools and the experience to know how to dig through all of the listings to find what you are looking for in a new home.
Use this form to send me information about you and your search. Once I have your profile setup, I will reach out to you to fine tune your search and start showing you homes.
Our team will review your submission and reach out to you for further details, if required. Feel free to reach out any time if you would like to speak to someone on the team. We are available to answer all of your questions and address any concerns.
Rick Dulai has helped buyers find homes since 2003. This includes first-time home buyers, investors, re-locations and commercial clients.