Thinking About Selling Your Home?
If you are thinking about selling your home, there are a lot of things to consider and prepare ahead of time. Whether you are using a professional or selling on your own, the following blog posts I wrote should help you understand what to expect.
- What is My Home Worth?When preparing to put their home on the market, every homeowner has one key question on their mind- “What is my home worth?” It’s important to understanding the basics of what goes into pricing your home. This will help you get the most for your home in the least amount of time. Ultimately, your home […]
- What is a Seller’s Disclosure Statement?The Michigan Seller Disclosure Act requires a home seller to disclose the condition and other information about the property known to the seller through a Seller’s Disclosure Statement. It is not a warranty by the seller or agent and it is not meant to replace a buyer inspection. Also, agents will not (and cannot) help […]
- What’s a Pre-listing Home Inspection?Getting a pre-listing home inspection is probably my #1 tip for homeowners looking to sell their homes (whether with a professional or on their own). Hire a home inspector to perform a full home inspection just like the buyer will do. Why? Well there are several reasons: You can identify repairs and maintenance issues. This […]
- Preparing Your Home for ShowingsSelling your home can be a very exciting process. Seeing your home online and receiving all of the showing requests really makes you feel good, especially when the photos/videos/etc are professionally done. However, preparing your home for showings (and marketing) can be a daunting task. Have no fear though! I am going to help you […]
- What to Expect When Showing Your HomeA lot of home sellers wonder how to handle showings when their home is on the market for sale. So I am going to tell you exactly what to expect when showing your home, based on how my buyers view homes when we go out. First of all, you are going to have to get […]
- How to Negotiate When Selling Your HomeThere is a lot of advice out there for buyers on how to negotiate purchasing a home. I don’t know why anybody would want to do that on their own (unless they are a professional negotiator) but I wondered why there isn’t much advice for selling your home! So I am going to give you […]
- What to Expect During a Home InspectionAs a seller, you might be wondering what to expect during a home inspection. It can be a little stressful and nerve racking to think about someone poking around your house trying to find things wrong with it. Also knowing that these things can be used to negotiate against you is just a stressful situation […]
- What to Expect with the Appraisal ProcessIn my experience buyers and sellers have a huge misconception about the appraisal when purchasing a home. The simplest and best way I can describe the purpose of the appraisal is to justify the lender’s investment. It is not to prove the seller has negotiated the best price or for the seller to prove how […]
- Home Selling Process Timeline ExplainedA lot of the anxiety and stress in the home selling process can come from not knowing what to expect next. In this article, I will break down the timelines and explain the most significant takeaways for each item. Home Selling Process Timeline Breakdown: List the Property for Sale: Listing the property for sale includes […]
- Seller’s Net Sheet ExplainedA seller’s net sheet breaks down all of the debits and credits based on the accepted purchase price for the property. Let’s take a look at the credits first (the easy part). Credits The first thing on the seller’s net sheet is the selling price or the agreed purchase price. In this example I will […]
My Marketing Plan
- The Right Price
- Increases the number of showings
- Creates competitive offers
- Shows up in more searches
- Spends less days on market
- Signals the seller is fair and realistic
- Yard Sign
- Advertises to everyone in the neighborhood and driving by
- Only serious buyers call on the yard sign
- Helps the agent advertise for other buyers (this is the honest truth!)
- My Website
- Designed with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in mind. This helps potential buyers find your home faster.
- Designed to capture buyers that are looking for homes like yours.
- Connected with all of my social media platforms
- Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
- #1 Place to find buyers for your home.
- Thousands of agents are sending listings to buyer clients daily directly from the MLS via automated emails.
- Syndication to Hundreds of Websites
- Social Media Marketing
- Facebook Ads
- Facebook Posts for Organic Reach
- Google Ads
What’s on the Market?
Search your area for similar homes and see what your competition looks like. You can track these homes and see the changes over time. Be sure to sign up for notifications to keep you updated with real-time data.
The following case studies highlight different challenges from different sellers. If you are thinking of selling your home, consider these examples of how to handle different, and sometimes difficult, situations.
- Case Study #1 – Selling a Home Due to Job TransferIn this case study I originally helped this young couple purchase their home in 2008. The real estate market was down and home values were down, but the economic crash and the foreclosure crisis were yet to get worse. Read below to learn how I later helped them sell that same home due to a […]
- Rick Dulai Presents: Case Study #2 – Widow DownsizingIn this case study we’ll be talking about widow downsizing. The seller was a recently widowed member of the community and our place of worship. She was referred to me by a mutual friend. As sweet and mild mannered as she was, she was equally sharp and capable of doing what it takes to get […]