If you are ready to begin your home search journey, then you’ve come to the right place! Let’s go through how to prepare and setup your home search to most effectively find that perfect home for you.
The first thing you need to do is come up with a list of all of your “needs” and “wants”.
The goal is to get everything you need and want, but knowing the difference between the two can help you make better decisions along the way. You also will start to realize what truly is a “need” vs a “want”.
Once you have your list established. We can prioritize the “wants”. When it comes to searches (especially in databases), the MORE specific you are, the LESS results you will get. I always recommend starting with a broader search criteria and work your way down as you see what is actually avaiable.
Somethings to consider when setting up your search:
- Number of Bedrooms
- Number of Full Bathrooms
- Garage Size
- Do you need a basement? finished or unfinished?
- Square footage – this is typically a range like 2000-3000 sqft.
- Do you want a ranch style home? 2 story colonial?
- Do you want a first floor master suite? or do you want the whole family on the same floor?
- What size lot do you want?
- Are you only interested in new construction homes?
- How important is the school district to you? School districts can have dramatic effects on resale value even if you don’t have children yourself.
Sign up here on RickDulai.com to create your search profile and begin your home search. If you prefer, you can also contact me directly and I can setup a search for you to automatically email listings as they come on the market live.